Monday, June 28, 2010

Refugees As a Bail




28th June,2010

KUALA LUMPUR: on June 28, Sung Thluai, a lady of Chin refugee who is asylum seeker and waiting in queue to be registered with the office of UNHCR in Malaysia, was arrested and put in the police van for 4 hours on June 27 while she was on the way to see doctor in refugee clinic. 

“The police approached me and asked me of identity card on the road in public, said the lady adding that I couldn’t show them UNCHR card but my CRC card so that they started questioning me non-stop if I am married or under someone’s support”.

When pitifully explained them my status and story faced in the motherland and Malaysia, they at once asked me to contact my husband to bring Rm 500 for her release instead of having an inkling mercy on me. In addition, she claimed that she was put in the van and kept for at least 4 hours waiting in awe for her husband miraculous redemption”. 

She reiterated that she clearly understood what her family present condition is that her husband must be in a deep headache problem financially. Fortunately, it was really really wonderful that her husband could borrow Rm 500 from the Church on loan in order to get her released from the crooked police’s hands, reported in an interview with VOCR team.




Photo- VOCR

At the height of refugees’ crisis in Malaysia, thousands have been experiencing countless police extortions, intentional arresting in eyes for bribes that goes uncontrollable that shouldn’t be as a nation which aims at the third countries’ standard in the near future. 

Obviously, asylum seekers and recognized refugees are used as a bail to get money by police plus gangsters. Hundreds of eye-witnesses and evidences are kept in order in CRC office.


by Simon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved